While I used to have a much larger list of podcasts — that I’d listen to at 3X speed in Overcast, like a total dirtbag — I’ve pared things back to these shows and knocked my listening speed down to 2X.
The Usual Suspects
- Up First — NPR’s daily (Mon.–Sat.) morning news podcast.
- Gag Me With a Chainsaw — Hosts Corie and Sarah have dedicated themselves to watching every 1980s slasher.
- WTF with Marc Maron Podcast — I can’t believe I’ve listened to over 1300+ episodes of this interview show, but here we are. Maron continues to pull great interviews out of both big and smaller names.
- Jordan, Jesse, GO! — My grandfather was a Tuppie, my father was a Tuppie, and now I’m a Tuppie.
- My Brother, My Brother And Me — Hands down the best sibling hosted advice show in the history of podcasting.
- Maintenance Phase — Debunking the weight loss and wellness industrial complex.
- The Always Sunny Podcast — Rob, Charlie, and Glenn from Sunny rewatch and talk about old episodes. Really enjoyable behind the scenes chatter.
- Lovett or Leave It — A very loose weekly politics podcast.
- 99% Invisible — Covering all the though that goes into the things that we don’t think about.
- Video Archives — Quentin Tarantino and Roger Avary watch and talk about movies from Tarantino’s VHS library, purchased from the store that they both worked at in the 1980s, Video Archives.
- The Indicator from Planet Money* — NPR’s team spends 10–15 minutes every weekday (Mon.–Fri.) providing insights from around the economy.
- Pop Culture Happy Hour* — A brief weekdaily chat show about books, music, movies, and television hosted by a rotating panel.
- WPwatercooler Network — Gotta represent the Velvet Underground of WordPress podcasts.
- Underrepresented in Tech — Allie and Michelle host a great show that promotes inclusion in the WordPress and tech space.
- Post Status Podcasts — Interviews and in-depth discussions with folks from across the WordPress community.
- WP Briefing — Bi-weekly dispatches from the WordPress project’s executive director, Josepha.
- The WP Minute — 5ish minutes of WordPress news peppered with occasional opinion pieces.
- Til Death Do Us Blart — Once a year, around Thanksgiving, the hosts of My Brother, My Brother And Me and The Worst Idea of All Time get together to watch, and discuss Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2.
- Bodega Boys — D&M, squash that beef and give us the art!
* I only really listen to these shows when the topic interests me or when I have the time.